POINT OF ENTRY & BULK METERS FOR DISTRICT HEATING
For buildings connected to a district heating system there is a requirement to install heat meters to record the energy supplied for heating, cooling or hot water delivered to that building.
ULTRASONIC HEAT METER RANGE RC50 – 600
The Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations, stipulate that district networks must feature point of entry meters for each building, and bulk meters for the central plant that supply’s energy to each building.
Our ultrasonic heat meter range has been designed for use in both heating and cooling metering applications. The meters employ the latest technology to guarantee high quality and outstanding long-term measurement stability. The sensor body is constructed from brass and has no moving parts, making it virtually maintenance-free.
The meters feature high quality paired PT1000 temperature probes to ensure performance according to the EN 1434 standard, and can operate with water temperatures up to a max of 130°C and nominal pressure of 16 bar.
Available in two Protocols: –
- MBus – Power supplied via network
- RS485 ModBus – Separate 5 Volt power supply required
- EN 1434 Compliant – Class 2 accuracy
- q1= 0.3 m3/h, qp = 15 m3/h qs = 30 m3/h (RC50) (Refer to the data sheet for full details of the range)
- q1= 2 m3/h, qp = 100 m3/h qs = 200 m3/h (RC125) (Refer to the data sheet for full details of the range)
- Heating / Cooling Medium: Water
- Min water temp: 4°C
- Max water temp: 130°C
- Temperature probes: PT1000 Platinum Resistance
- Reaction time of the probe sensors: 3 sec
- Max. temperature deviation of the probe pair: <0.1°C
- Display: LCD (9 digits + decimal point)
- Communication interface: Option of RS485 with ModBus or M-BUS protocol
- Unit of heat displayed: kWh
- Battery: 3.6 V lithium battery cell
- Battery Life: 10> years
- External 5V d.c. auto switching (RS485 ModBus)
- Ambient temperature: +5 / +55 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 / +60 °C
- PN/PS: 1.6 MPa (16 bar)
- Pressure loss at nominal flow rate: RC50 – RC100: <18kPa / RC125 – RC600: <15kPa
- Protection class: IP68
- Temperature sensor cable length: 1.5 m (one sensor fitted on flow rate transducer)
- Flow and return temperature sensor cables up to 10m are available on request
- Suitable for vertical or horizontal installation, supply pipe