Our Solutions for Social Housing Providers
District & communal heating is in the spotlight, with the Government stating in a report entitled “The Future of Heating: Meeting the Challenge”, that they believe heat networks are key in the delivery of low carbon heating throughout the UK.
This type of system is well suited to new-build and refurbishment social housing schemes, and is becoming much more prevalent in the UK, driven largely by government legislation to reduce carbon emissions generated in the home.
We understand what matters to the residents of social housing schemes, and how we can support Housing providers to make their jobs easier.
Features & Benefits
- A complete end to end service for apartments from a single source – Reduces worry and burden of co-ordinating different suppliers
- Metering, monitoring, surveillance, billing and maintenance support – Peace of mind, Energy savings, good financial management, removes burden of managing the system
- Reliable proven technology – Satisfied tenants – no hassle
- Online login area and App for residents – Ability to check current credit / debit balance, view meter readings, access documents and guides & set-up a direct debit
- Flexible payment options (Direct Debit, Telephone, Payzone, Online & App) – Simple for residents to manage
- Fully integrated Pre-Payment solution – Removes Debt risk for the housing provider & ensures residents are in control of their energy bills
- Full revenue management service – Removes the responsibility & burden from HA
- Maintenance of the complete communal heating system from one source – Removes any worry or burden of supplier co-ordination
- Independent end user control – Satisfied tenants able to manage their own living environment
The benefits of pre-payment
This can be avoided –
- Debt risk can be eliminated by providing a system where residents pay for energy in advance.
- When this system is utilised it keeps the tariff rate to a minimum due to less administration and a reduced debt management service being required.
Flexible Energy Metering & Billing
We offer a flexible billing system that allows you to make the decision of pre-payment or credit billing after equipment has been installed. The Evinox ModuSat PaySmart® technology can be activated and set up remotely. This allows for the choice of billing option to be made after the installation of our HIU’s, providing maximum flexibility.
You can also operate a part Credit Billing and part Pre-Payment® system on the same scheme, which is extremely desirable and provides a future proof solution.
Spring Statement – New homes to be heated using low carbon sources from 2025
Evinox welcomes the Chancellors announcement in his spring statement (13th March 2019) that all new homes built from 2025 will be required to be heated by systems free from fossil fuels.