Smart Heat Interface Units
What is a Smart heat interface unit? We believe it’s a unit that delivers all the requirements of a modern energy efficient heat network. Here’s just some features of a Smart HIU –
ModuSat® Smart Heat Interface Units (HIUs)
Often referred to as a heat board, HIU, heat interface, hydraulic interface unit or a heat exchange unit. The ModuSat® consists of either high capacity heat exchangers for indirect and instantaneous hot water and space heating. Alternatively, as a single plate heat exchanger for the hydraulic break and an integrated fast recovery DHW tank.
Our range of models includes –
- Instantaneous Domestic Hot Water and Heating
- Integrated Hot Water Storage
- Instantaneous Domestic Hot Water only
- Heating only
- Cooling only
- Combined Heating / Domestic Hot Water & Cooling
Designed for Modern Energy Efficient Heat Networks
What do we mean by modern, energy efficient heat networks?
They are designed to operate on low temperature heat networks with wide Delta T’s to maximise energy efficiency.
- Low domestic hot water return temperatures and in turn excellent VWARTs;
- Fast and responsive DHW performance.;
- Programmable keep warm functionality. This provides a balance between speed of hot water delivery and energy saving;
- Independently tested to the U.K. standard for HIUs from BESA;
- Operate with low primary flow temperatures, which are compatible with low temperature systems such as heat pumps;
- Enable the network temperature to be weather compensated, resulting in minimised energy use and heat loss.
Smart Energy Regulation and Control
Our Smart Energy Regulation and Control provides a number of benefits for HIU performance and optimisation of heat network efficiency. So how does it work?
- Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICV’s) provide integrated differential pressure control, providing balanced, self-configuring flow through the HIU
- Fast acting, electronically regulated actuators provide immediate response to changes in energy demand
- Proportional Integral Derivative (PID) control logic provides accurate actuator/valve control and fast response to hot water demand, without “overshoot”
- Electronically actuated PICV’s also function as a shut off valve, so the ModuSat® can easily be configured for either credit or PAYG billing
Flexible Metering & Billing for Heat Interface Units
One of the key considerations when designing, installing or operating a heat interface unit system, should be the energy metering, monitoring and billing. This ensures the best solution is provided for the residents and the building owner or manager.
- Communication network – Bus, Ethernet or fiber Optic?
- Evinox HIUs feature integrated Pre-payment technology
- Flexible billing options such as part credit billing and part pre-payment
- Combined billing and service & maintenance packages provide value for money and expertise
- Future-proof your development by using an open access system.
SmartTalk® Communications Network
Electronically controlled units provide many benefits. This includes the ability to facilitate a two‐way communication network. This means that when connected to the internet our ModuSat® Heat Interface Unit becomes an IoT device. This offers a wide range of benefits to consumers, facilities managers and heat network operators.
- System can be monitored, adjusted or regulated remotely using SmartTalk®
- Full comfort for the end user, whilst delivering important system information
- Supplied ready to connect to HIVE & NEST controllers
- Access to granular operational and performance data
- Open protocol access to meter reading data and alarms
ViewSmart Room Controller & Energy Display Device
Our ViewSmart Room Controller provides all the functionality residents require to manage their heating and hot water system. This includes:
- Room temperature stat
- Ability to program a heating and hot water schedule
- Programmable keep-warm functionality
- Read all meters connected to the HIU
- Energy Display Device model turns the ViewSmart controller into a Smart meter.
Remote Warranty Validation and Service & Maintenance for HIUs
ModuSat HIU systems are designed to provide many years of reliable, energy efficient service. However, continuous operation relies on regular service and maintenance. Evinox provide several smart solutions around service and maintenance –
- Remote warranty validation for HIUs saves time and reduces costs
- Ongoing service and maintenance can avoid unnecessary call-outs
- Our service plans with one or two-year contracts provide flexibility
- Combined packages available for billing and maintenance with competitive rates and peace of mind as standard!
Energy Metering & Billing
- Credit Billing Services
- PaySmart® Pre-payment System
- Billing Solutions for Non Evinox Equipment
- Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations 2014 Advice and Guidance
- Domestic Heat Meters and Point of Entry & Bulk Meters
Service & Maintenance
- Heat Interface Unit Service & Maintenance
- Plant Room – Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- ModuSat® Heat Interface Unit Enhanced Warranty Cover
- Combined Packages for Metering, Billing and Service & Maintenance
- Domestic Boiler Service & Maintenance