Smart Heat Interface Units
So, what is a Smart heat interface unit? Well, at Evinox we believe it’s an electronically controlled unit that can deliver all the requirements of a modern energy efficient heat network. Here’s just some features of a Smart HIU –
ModuSat® Smart Heat Interface Units (HIUs)
Sometimes referred to as a heat board, HIU, heat interface or a hydraulic interface unit, the ModuSat® consists of either high capacity heat exchangers for indirect and instantaneous hot water and heating production, or a single plate heat exchanger for the hydraulic break and an integrated fast recovery DHW tank.
Our Wide Range of Models include –
- Instantaneous Domestic Hot Water and Heating
- Integrated Hot Water Storage
- Instantaneous Domestic Hot Water only
- Heating only
- Cooling only
- Combined Heating / Domestic Hot Water & Cooling
Designed for Modern Energy Efficient Heat Networks
When we talk about modern energy efficient heat networks, what do we mean?
- Designed to operate on low temperature heat networks with wide Delta T’s to maximise energy efficiency of the network;
- Low Domestic Hot Water return temperatures and in turn excellent WVARTs;
- Fast and responsive DHW performance as standard;
- The ability to time the Keep warm functionality providing a balance between speed of hot water deliver and energy saving;
- Independently Tested to the UK Standard for HIUs from BESA to back-up performance and efficiency claims;
- Operate with Low primary flow temperatures, which are compatible with low temperature systems such as heat pumps;
- Enable the network temperature to be weather compensated, resulting in minimised energy use and heat loss.
Heat Interface Units with Electronic Onboard Controls
A key differentiator for modern Heat Interface Unit’s is the use of Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICV’s), in combination with advanced control logic algorithms. This provides a myriad of benefits in terms of HIU performance, optimisation for heat network efficiency and ongoing customer support.
Don’t just take our word for it, Independent results from the BESA test standard clearly show that heat interface units that include the latest fast-acting valve actuators and self-learning control logic to PICV’s, will deliver fast response, close control and low return temperatures.
Flexible Metering & Billing Technology
When designing, installing or operating a heat interface unit system, energy metering, monitoring and billing should be a key consideration from the outset, to ensure the best solution is provided for the residents and the building owner or manager.
- Communication network – Bus, Ethernet or fiber Optic?
- Evinox HIUs feature integrated Pre-payment technology – Supplied ready to go!
- Flexible billing options can be required for a mixed resident profile – such as part Credit billing and part Pre-payment
- Combined Billing and Service & Maintenance Packages provide value for money and expertise from one supplier
- Future-proof your development by using an Open Protocol system for easy connection to other billing systems
Smart Connected Control
Electronically controlled units provide many additional benefits, including the ability to facilitate a 2‐way communication network, which when connected over the internet to remote servers allows the Heat Interface Unit (HIU) to become an IoT device, offering a wide range of benefits to both consumers, facilities managers and heat network operators alike.
- System can be monitored, adjusted or regulated remotely over the internet using SmartTalk®
- Full comfort for the end user, whilst also delivering important information regarding the operation of the system
- Supplied ready to connect to HIVE & NEST controllers
ViewSmart Room Controller & Energy Display Device
Our simple to use ViewSmart Room Controller provides all the functionality residents require to manage their heating/cooling and hot water system –
- Features a temperature stat to read the current room temperature
- Residents can set the heating & hot water using programmable schedules and temperature set-points for heating and hot water
- Programmable Keep-Warm functionality (This can be adjusted to balance the efficiency of the network with speed of hot water delivery)
- Read all meters connected to the HIU
- Energy Display Device model turns the ViewSmart controller into a Smart meter (Optional)
Remote Warranty Validation and Service & Maintenance for HIU’s
All ModuSat HIU systems are designed to provide many years of reliable, energy efficient service as an integral element of the heat network system. However, continuous operation relies on regular service and maintenance to ensure optimum performance. Evinox provide several Smart solutions around Service and Maintenance –
- Remote warranty validation over the internet saves time on site and reduces costs
- Digital Service and Maintenance over the internet avoids unnecessary call-outs, saving time and money
- Regular service and maintenance maximises the life of the Heat Interface Unit
- Service plans with one or two-year contracts for flexibility
- Combined packages available for billing and maintenance with very competitive discounted rates, and peace of mind as standard!
Energy Metering & Billing
- Credit Billing Services
- PaySmart® Pre-payment System
- Billing Solutions for Non Evinox Equipment
- Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations 2014 Advice and Guidance
- Domestic Heat Meters and Point of Entry & Bulk Meters
Service & Maintenance
- Heat Interface Unit Service & Maintenance
- Plant Room – Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM)
- ModuSat® Heat Interface Unit Enhanced Warranty Cover
- Combined Packages for Metering, Billing and Service & Maintenance
- Domestic Boiler Service & Maintenance