ModuSat® Single Plate Double Circuit Heating Interface Units
The Evinox ModuSat® single plate double circuit heat interface unit (HIU) provides high efficiency heating and independent fast recovery hot water, designed for installation with a suitable external DHW storage tank fed by the unit (not Evinox supply).
The unit consists of a single plate heat exchanger, combined with electronic PID control using Pressure Independent Control Valve (PICV) with modulating actuator achieving a low primary return temperature as well as providing differential pressure control and flow rate regulation.
The SPDC heat interface unit uses a diverter valve to switch secondary flow either through the heating circuit or fed to the external DHW tank and operates in DHW priority mode to provide fast recovery of hot water.
In addition to this the ModuSat® can provide direct control of underfloor heating output temperature without the need for any underfloor pumps, blending valves or mixing valves.
Available in a range of plate sizes and connection configurations, the SPDC HIU is suitable for many different type of installation.
The ModuSat® SP DC unit is designed to operate with Evinox SmartTalk® two-way communication system for remote metering and diagnostics.
The heating circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), PICV, safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The heating circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator. Weather compensation is applied to the set heating temperature using SmartTalk® 2-way communication. Suitable for radiators, underfloor heating or fan coil units.
Domestic Hot Water
Domestic hot water is generated in an external unvented cylinder.
Features & Benefits
- Very compact design with minimum space required for installation
- Ultrasonic heat meter MID approved and class 2 accuracy (BS EN 1434)
- Excellent thermal efficiency achieved using the latest technology and efficient brazed stainless steel PHE’s
- Integrated PaySmart® technology ready for prepayment billing upgrade (activated remotely at any time)
- Billing app for use on smartphones and tablets
- ViewSmart room controller with optional upgrade to provide ENE3 compliant Energy Display Device
- Electronically controlled PICV for primary flow rate modulation to match demand, differential pressure control and energy shut-off
- Pipework constructed from copper
- External filling loop (Optional)
- SmartTalk two-way communication
- Remote monitoring, alarms, and diagnostics
- Wilo PWM Pump – Provides compliance with EU ErP Directive 2015
- Includes inbuilt TCP/IP technology to operate on an Ethernet network if required
- Capable of reading an electricity meter (Option for ENE3)
- Flushing bypass kit enables the primary side of the system to be flushed and cleaned without damage to the unit
- Motorised diverter valve – to switch between heating & hot water modes
- Control & monitoring of external tank temperature via loose supplied sensor connected to the ModuSat board