ModuSat® FS Storage Range
The Evinox ModuSat® FS heat interface unit has been designed to provide apartments and communal housing developments with high efficiency heating and independent fast recovery hot water.
Consisting of a fast recovery hot water tank and a plate heat exchanger, combined with electronic PID control using Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICVs) with modulating actuators achieving a low primary return temperature as well as providing differential pressure control and flow rate regulation.
The ModuSat® FS unit is designed to operate with Evinox SmartTalk® two-way communication system for remote metering and diagnostics.
The heating circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), PICV, safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The heating circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator. Weather compensation is applied to the set heating temperature using SmartTalk® 2-way communication. Suitable for radiators, underfloor heating or fan coil units.
Domestic Hot Water
Domestic hot water is generated in an unvented cylinder via a high efficiency coil. The primary heat network flows through the heat exchanger coil and transfers the thermal energy to the potable water in the tank.
General industry guidelines recommend heating the full volume of the cylinder up to 60C for at least one hour per day. This programme can be set up using our ViewSmart or selected third part thermostat suppliers.
Features & Benefits
- Global warming potential (GWP) of the cylinder insulation = 0
- Ultrasonic heat meter MID approved and class 2 accuracy (BS EN 1434)
- Simple to install due to factory assembled pipe work, internal wiring and integrated heat meter
- Integrates readily with renewable energy sources
- Excellent thermal efficiency achieved using the latest technology and efficient brazed stainless steel PHE’s
- Integrated PaySmart® technology ready for prepayment billing upgrade (activated remotely at any time)
- Billing app for use on smartphones and tablets
- Integrated hot water storage within the ModuSat reduces central plant peak load
- Fully integrated unvented kit
- Easy access for servicing
- Minimal maintenance requirements
- External filling loop (Optional)
- SmartTalk® two-way communication
- Wilo PWM Pump – Provides compliance with EU ErP Directive 2015
- Electronically controlled PICV’s for primary flow rate modulation to match demand, differential pressure control and energy shut-off
- Hot water blending valve for additional DHW temperature safety
- Electric immersion heater (Optional)
- Includes inbuilt TCP/IP technology to operate on an Ethernet network if required
- ViewSmart room controller with optional upgrade to provide ENE3 compliant Energy Display Device
- Remote monitoring, alarms and diagnostics
- No annual gas appliance inspections required
- Capable of reading an electricity meter (Option for ENE3)