ModuSat® XR Combined Heating, Domestic Hot Water and Cooling Interface
The ModuSat® combined heating and cooling unit provides heating, cooling and the instantaneous production of hot water. Designed to simplify apartment installations where cooling and heating is required; the CHHC unit features a small footprint that minimises required cupboard space, with easy access for service and maintenance.
The heating, domestic hot water and cooling plate heat exchangers are housed within a single cased unit with high quality fully insulated separation between the hot and chilled zones. The unit can be provided in either floor standing or wall mounted orientations making them suitable for a wide range of installation configurations.
The heating circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The heating circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator. Weather compensation is applied to the set heating temperature using SmartTalk® 2-way communication. Suitable for radiators, underfloor heating or fan coil units.
Domestic Hot Water
Domestic hot water is heated via a separate plate heat exchanger and the temperature is regulated by the modulation of primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator.
The Cooling circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The cooling circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator.
The ModuSat® CHHC is available with a number of plate size options to meet a range of cooling, heating and DHW requirements and is supplied complete with a ViewSmart room controller.
Features & Benefits
- Units suitable for single and multi-family homes
- Ultrasonic heat meter MID approved and class 2 accuracy (BS EN 1434)
- Compact design, with minimum space required for installation
- Unit insulation – EPDM 75-0 thickness: 5mm
- 15mm insulation between heating and cooling parts of unit
- Pipes constructed from copper
- Excellent thermal efficiency achieved using the latest technology and efficient brazed stainless steel PHE’s
- Braze-welded exchanger for primary circuit separation on heating & cooling
- Fully programmable hot water “Keep-warm” function, enabling operation on a timed basis for energy saving
- Option of floor standing or wall mounted unit
- Integrated PaySmart® technology ready for prepayment billing upgrade (activated remotely at any time)
- Billing app for use on smartphones and tablets
- ViewSmart room controller with optional upgrade to provide ENE3 compliant Energy Display Device
- Electronically controlled PICV for primary flow rate modulation to match demand, differential pressure control and energy shut-off
- Pipework constructed from copper
- External filling loop (Optional)
- SmartTalk two-way communication
- Remote monitoring, alarms, and diagnostics
- Wilo PWM Pump – Provides compliance with EU ErP Directive 2015
- Includes inbuilt TCP/IP technology to operate on an Ethernet network if required
- Capable of reading an electricity meter (Option for ENE3)
- Flushing bypass kit enables the primary side of the system to be flushed and cleaned without damage to the unit