Taking heat interface unit efficiency to another level
Introducing ModuSat® XR & XR-ECO Twin Plate Heat Interface Units – Ideal for Modern, Energy Efficient District and Communal Heating Networks.
- Indirect high efficiency heating and instantaneous Domestic Hot Water (DHW)
- Units to suit a range of typical apartment sizes
- Suitable for Radiator and Underfloor Heating systems
- Compact and wall mounted to fit perfectly in a utility room or kitchen cupboard
- Independently Tested to the UK Standard for HIUs from BESA
- Fast and Responsive DHW Performance
- Designed for Modern Low Temperature Heat Networks
- Low DHW Return Temperatures
ModuSat® XR & XR-ECO
Twin Plate Heat Interface Units for Communal Heating Systems
Heat interface units for indirect heating and instantaneous domestic hot water (DHW) with electronic PID control using Pressure Independent Control Valves (PICVs) with modulating actuators achieving a low primary return temperature as well as providing differential pressure control and flow rate regulation.
The heating circuit consists of a plate heat exchanger (PHE), PICV, safety relief valve, manometer, flow and return temperature sensors, Wilo PWM circulation pump and expansion vessel. The heating circuit flow temperature is controlled by the modulation of the primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator. Weather compensation is applied to the set heating temperature using SmartTalk® 2-way communication. Suitable for radiators, underfloor heating or fan coil units.
Domestic Hot Water
Domestic hot water is heated via a separate plate heat exchanger and the temperature is regulated by the modulation of primary flow rate with the integrated PICV actuator. When fitted, the lime scale reducer minimises lime scale formation.
Designed for modern low temperature heat networks, ModuSat® XR-ECO units provide excellent heating and hot water performance at heat network primary flow temperatures as low as 60ºC or even 55ºC.
Features & Benefits
- Integrated PaySmart® technology ready for pre-payment billing upgrade
- KIWA Approved Unit – Provides compliance with the UK Water Regulations
- SmartTalk® two-way communication for remote monitoring, control, alarms and diagnostics.
- Mobile billing app available for use on smart phones and tablets.
- Integrated heat meter MID approved and class 2 accuracy (BS EN 1434). Also capable of reading: Electrical Meter, Cold Water Meter & Chilled Water Meter
- ViewSmart room controller with optional upgrade to provide ENE3 compliant smart metering
- Option of top, bottom or combination connections
- Various Metering & Billing Options Including remote monitoring, alarms and diagnostics
- Optional casing and pipework insulation available
Which ModuSat® XR Model is Most Suited to your Project?
|Ideal Primary Flow Temperature|
|Fast & Responsive DHW|
|DHW Return Temperatures||Low < 20ºC||Ultra-Low < 20ºC|
(As low as 16.4ºC)